Sunday, March 2, 2008

Episode:1



This is very exciting. Last fall, my publisher Scott Usher of the Greenwich Workshop was talking to me in my studio and he said something like, "you really should do some video from your studio and share what you're working on." Those weren't his exact words but something like that. I like to learn and try new things so I've been playing around Movie Maker. It's obvious I'm a beginner because I like to use lots of special effects.

I'll talk more about the content of paintings as I go. These videos are also available on youtube.

I'm going to try to post weekly as I create this body of work for my show at Ernst Collectors Gallery in Cannon Beach, Oregon. I'll be there the first week in May.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Brilliant!!! This will be fun to watch... Thanks for sharing ... can't wait for the next show...

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing this; I love it!! So very inspiring, also I really love the music throughout, can you share what it is? Thanks again for giving me such inspiration; I want to go paint something now!! :)

Teresa
www.teresaksheeley.typepad.com

GrittyPretty said...

love it love it love it

Paulette Insall ~ Reflecting Colors of the Soul said...

This was wonderful Cassandra!!! Especially for your first video!! Loved hearing your talk about the story behind your new series. I'll be anxiously waiting for your next episode! :) I didn't see a link to your YouTube channel....is it on here somewhere and I missed it? I'd love to subscribe to your channel to make sure I don't miss an episode! :D

batty said...

Wow, so glad this is up and going! You are awesome and this will be so fun to watch.
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Ok, that is freakin' cool! I love watching you paint. Can't wait for the next one.

Sara said...

How lucky are we to have a window into your talents and thoughts- you're like a cute little pixie! Can't wait for the next one!

katie speed said...

I love your work! What artist plays the song at the end of episode one? also, i think painting your face is cool

I Am said...

How do you paint in that position and not smudge? I love the song you have at the end there, who is it?

Cassandra Barney said...

Next episode is in the works. Thank you for your comments. I did realize my big oversight as to not crediting the music right after I made the movie. It's a song called In Flight by The Forest City Lovers.
c

Janet said...

I feel a new addiction cooommminng on! Janet